Taking the HKX train means travelling cheap and fast, with a free seat reservation
The „Hamburg-Köln-Express“ train („HKX“) provides trans regional passenger rail services between West and North Germany. Our trains operate between Cologne, Dusseldorf, the Ruhr industrial area, Münster, Osnabrück & Hamburg which is a perfect juncture to connecting train services to & from destinations north of Hamburg, such as Husum and the popular holiday destination of Sylt.
The advantages of HKX are obvious:
- Just as fast as a DB Intercity train (IC)
- Faster than coaches
- Approximately just a 4 hours drive from Hamburg to Cologne
- Free-of-charge seat reservation by booking online
- Very competitive pricing – starting at only 18€ for the entire route!
Since February 1st, 2015 it is possible to use state-owned German Railway Deutsche Bahn (DB) ticket on bord of HKX. Accepted DB tickets on bord are:
- ICE / IC or EC tickets
- "Quer-durchs-Land" tickets
- "Schönes-Wochenende" tickets
- Rail & Fly ticktes, InterRail, RIT, RailPlus, etc.
- Local traffic tickets based on DB tariff
Click here to book and get a ticket in English.
Don’t forget: All of our staff speak English and they are pleased to assist you for all your needs.